Are you Native American, age 18 to 26, and currently live on or near the WRIR who seeks an opportunity to serve your family and community by addressing food security on the WRIR beginning June 1, 2020 for 7 weeks?
If yes, you may learn more and how to apply by sending an email to email@example.com or texting 307-761- 0755 and providing your name and contact information and indicating as the subject, “QuadW”.
· A living stipend of $2,000
· Honor of serving your community
· Virtually meet other young adults from around the country
· Learn by doing, study, interaction and reflection
· Experience with tribal projects related to food security
· Field trips to nearby sacred areas
· Be enrolled in college or commitment to do so in the near future
· A desire to serve the community and to learn
· An interest in strengthening food security on the WRIR
· Not having a job, school or other obligations during the 7 weeks
· Comply with COVID-19 related orders
· Participate fully in the program with the others
The deadline for applying is Monday, May 18, 2020 at noon.
QuadW Missional Internship is a national program that has served several communities around the nation for more than a decade and the WRIR for the last two years. Briefly, the goals are to provide young college students the opportunity to serve as interns and thereby be transformed, to provide a service and to connect with the broader community. Because of the pandemic, adjustments have been made to keep people safe. This is a unique proposal for the WRIR for 2020.